to the Data Sharing Agreement
of Agreement for Data Sharing
of the CCJDC
About the Central Coast Joint Data committee (CCJDC)
The Central Coast Joint Data Committee (CCJDC) is a partnership, sponsored by the Association of Monterey Bay Area Governments, of public and private agencies who agree to share spatial data.
To facilitate the development and maintenance of an ongoing public-private partnership for sharing and expanding the use of spatial data to foster informed community decision making, innovative business development, environmental management and education in the Central Coast region of California.
- The CCJDC is a regional collaborative for the collection, preparation and sharing of spatial data.
- Regional: covering the areas affecting the Monterey Bay, from San Mateo through San Luis Obispo Counties.
- Collaborative: a round table approach to communicating, planning and documenting the spatial data of the region.
- Standards: in order to make the data available to the public and its members, the CCJDC will work toward a standard way of describing the data and presenting it to the public.
- Sharing: The CCJDC is committed to making data available to its members and freely accessible to the public.
- Spatial Data: the data pertaining to the geography of the region. This may include census data, Assessor's parcel records, streets and roads, natural resource data - in short, any data that has some connection to the geography of the region.