August 23 2016
Marina Library - 190 Seaside Ave - Marina, CA 93933
~9:30 Call to Order - CCJDC Participant Project updates
- Casey Meusel, PV Water—Groundwater contour maps, 2016 land-use updates
- Michael Bello, UC Santa Cruz—Fence lines
- Laura Penworth, 911—New dispatch system
- Rex Boyes, Watsonville—ArcServer
- Matt Price, SCCO—Re-designing web presence, open data portal setup, more graphics
- Tony Cardoza, City of Salinas—GeoCortex, NPDES, train
- Matt Levey—Google maps based Jupiter Research Basis, sending Waveglider to the North Pacific, Liquid Robotics, Coral and ArcGIS Server, Mission planning
- Kate Cassera, SCCO—Finished up traffic control inventory
- Hanna Muegge, AMBAG—Future growth, Stormwater updates
- Gina Schmidt, AMBAG—Forecasting
- Rene Anchieta, San Benito County, Hollister—Mapped out Sunny Slopes system, reconfiguring webGIS system, moving from Silverlight to HTML
- Mike Grzan, City of Hollister—Street signs updates
10:00 2015 Regional Ortho Imagery Project Update
- Gina provided the ortho collection update from Pictometry.
- Santa Cruz County has been completed.
- Still collecting 9inch data for San Benito County.
- Monterey Peninsula data collection delayed by smoke from nearby wildfires.
- Data collection for cities along the Salinas Valley have been completed.
- Highways Corridors collection was completed by July 22nd.
- An early access link to the ortho data has been created for areas completed.
- 4 MOU’s are outstanding - TAMC, Pajaro Valley, Capitola, UCSC
- Pictometry Online Connect – They also flew orthogonal and will be available for purchase on the participants’ own terms.
- Draft Data- They will continue to work on them, potential final is December.
- The QAQC consultant has been unresponsive. If they are unwilling, Gina will have the QAQC go out for RFP again.
- Matt Price suggested doing the QAQC themselves to reduce cost.
- Gina Schmidt said another option would be to hire the county.
- Laura Penworth asked if it was a onetime purchase. Gina responded yes.
- Tony Cardoza asked what is involved in the QAQC process. Mat Price responded – Look at every tile, look at accuracy of the imagery, comparing adjacent tiles.
- Laura Penworth asked what the file format would be. Gina Schmidt – GeoTif for tiles, JPEG 2000 or MrSID for the mosaics.
10:10 Planning for GIS Day 2016 – Wednesday November 16th
- GIS Day will be at the Marina MPC Campus.
- Ana Garcia is currently out of the country.
- She is working on scheduling presenters
- David Frisbey will be presenting on air quality
- She is looking for more help for GIS Day and community outreach.
- Ana wants the word to get out so people pre-register for the event.
- Kate suggested and volunteered sending out an email to encourage the early signup.
- Matt suggested ramping up communication for the event.
10:25 Questions – Items added to agenda – Adjourn
- A Virtual Reality Google Cardboard Demo was presented.
- The app can be downloaded.
- Gina asked about workshops for the beginning of the year. What would people be interested in?
- Barry Nickel is with Elkhorn Slough Education, he runs GIS trainings. We may want to invite him to give a presentation or training.
- Sending out a survey, perhaps through Survey Monkey or Google Docs, to get a feel for what types of workshops people are interested in.
- Perhaps have ESRI come to this meeting instead of creating another meeting around them.
10:45 - Adjourn